Helen Keller International (HKI) works to save the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. We combat the causes and consequences of blindness and malnutrition by establishing programs based on evidence and research in vision, health and nutrition. Headquartered in New York City, HKI currently conducts programs in 22 countries in Africa and Asia as well as in the United States. In Nigeria, HKI currently supports four states (Akwa Ibom, Katsina, Adamawa and Borno) to implement Neglected Tropical Disease (NTD) elimination activities.
Job Title: Consultancy For HKI Staff Retreat
10 - 15 years
- HKI is holding a staff retreat for HKI Nigeria with the following objectives
- To align HKI staff towards a shared vision for the future
- To improve internal communication and team spirit of HKI Nigeria
- To provide shared solutions to operational and program challenges
- HKI activities and achievements reviewed
- HKI Nigeria team spirit improved
- Operational and program issues resolved
- Staff communication improved
- Staff aligned towards HKI Nigeria shared vision and goals
- Staff expectations for the retreat are satisfied
Consultant Scope of Work
- The consultant will be required twork with the Country Director and retreat planning team to successfully deliver on these activities.
- The scope of the work will be to facilitate a three day staff retreat and to compile a report outlining the retreats proceedings including practical recommendations and tools which can be used by HKI Nigeria in the future
- Preparation/planning of the team building retreat workshop (1 day):
- Staff consultations
- A team building plan clearly articulating the objectives of the team building exercise;
Facilitation of the retreat (3 days of workshop):
- Interdepartmental interactions - A problem solving interaction between the Programs and Fin/Admin teams
- Visioning exercises talign HKI Nigeria staff tshared vision and goals
- A team building component to enhance team work. This should include suitable personality profiling of team members
TOR for consultant
- The output of the retreat workshop should be a brief report ( 1 day) outlining
- The retreat workshop proceedings and key outcomes
- Strategic recommendations for organizational development.
- The consultant is expected to design this process and to assign time frames tit. He/she will be assisted of the retreat planning team. The retreat holds from October 2-6, 2017, inclusive of two travel days
The consultant should possess the following knowledge and skills:
- Masters in Social Sciences, Human Resources Management, Project Management, or a closely related field.
- 10-15 years of relevant professional experience in program management in Nigeria ;
- Proven track record of facilitating team building and leadership and management workshops and consultancy experience. Organizational development experience is an added advantage
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of NGprogram management;
- Excellent analytical writing and communication skills;
- Full computer literacy and fluency in English – both written and spoken – are essential.
- Prior experience with donor supported agencies is an advantage, as is knowledge of donor policies and procedures
Method of Application
Applications, including a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae, should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This should include:
1. Technical proposal
a. Specific experience of the Consultant relevant to the assignment. Please provide details of similar assignment undertaken
b. Technical capacity of consultants in terms of their qualifications and competencies for the assignment. Please attach detailed CVs.
c. Clear understanding of the assignment/interpretation of TOR
d. Methodology to be used during the assignment
2. Financial proposal
a. Total quote for the assignment ( please quote in Nigerian Naira)
The successful candidate will be informed shortly after his/her application is submitted and will be expected to commence work immediately.