Application round is open now for the next SAG-SEED Replicator connect workshop in Cape Town, South Africa on 4 & 5 April 2018.
25th March 2018
To Be Taken At (Country):
Cape Town, South Africa
About the Award:
The SAG-SEED Replicator Programme targets both originators and (future) entrepreneurs who wish to imitate eco-inclusive business models:
Originators are supported through the identification of replicable features of their business model and a matchmaking process which enables them to find potential replication partners. Further, they will be showcased as a SEED originator. For this purpose, SEED collaborates with experienced originators from different sectors around the world and identifies replicable key components of their business models. Their eco-inclusive business models are tested and proven to be viable; create relevant economic, social and environmental impacts and are easily adaptable to different geographic locations at a low risk.
During SAG-SEED Replicator Connect Workshops, future entrepreneurs (adopters) are inspired and capacitated to adapt proven business models to their local context. Each adopter selects a SAG-SEED Replicator Workbook that comprises readings on proven business models as well as tools to adapt them to their market. Afterwards, they receive the possibility to pitch their adapted business idea to originators who are looking for replication partners.
The SAG-SEED Replicator Workshop targets:
- future entrepreneurs who don’t have a specific business idea yet,
- business owners who would like to expand or refine their business model,
- NGOs wanting to finance themselves through revenues
in the areas of Green Products for Health and Sanitation & Sustainable tourism enterprises (4 April) and Local Clean Cookstove Enterprises & ICT for Agriculture (5 April).
Value of Award:
- The one-day SAG-SEED Replicator Workshop inspires with proven business models that can be adapted to local markets and needs.
- Equipped with a SAG-SEED Replicator Workbook including a variety of tools and case studies, participants will be able to successfully kick start their own eco-inclusive enterprise afterwards.
- The unique SEED online-matchmaking platform provides an opportunity to pitch the newly developed business ideas and get connected to successful business models around the globe.
- Participation in the Replicator Programme is free of cost but participants need to cover their travel and accommodation costs on their own.
Duration of Program:
04 April 18 | Cape Town | Manufacturing, Tourism
05 April 18 | Cape Town | Manufacturing, Agriculture
How to Apply:
Interested future entrepreneurs can register and apply online at www.seed.uno/support/replicator.
The SAG-SEED Replicator in Burkina Faso, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, South Africa and Uganda are supported by SWITCH-Africa Green. SWITCH-Africa Green is implemented by UNEP with the assistance of the European Union.
SEED Replicator activities in South Africa are supported through the generous support of the Government of Flanders.